Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Oach house 241XLDT and the propane system functioned

Customer Question

oach house 241XLDT and the propane system functioned normally until had to have R&R of the drivers door, and the remote door key system, so Mercedes did the keys, but had to remove the 2 large coach batteries, from under the hood, part of the dash , and the body shop did the R&R of the drivers door. Before the repairs the heater, generator , gas burners, heater and hot water functioned normally and the propane tank was 3/4 full. The coach electric system was off for part of the repairs ; but when I picked up the RVl last day, none of the above worked.THe tank was still at 3/4 full, the external and internal gauges also confirmed that. The only controls to turn the propane on and off is apparently next to the outside tank near the regulator that apparently is in a metal box. ?? is it the regulator, and if so how do I check that? and functioned well when it was delivered to me last wk. and the propai
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: please rsvp, 'cause now can't get the heater, gas burners, or gas generator to function, but the propane tank is full? Need to "bleed of" the gas or wj=hat, take it to camping world, or just replace the regulator? Thanks. Len Kalfuss; e-mail;***@******.***
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2011 coach house platinum Diesel 3600 sprinter , built only in Florida, and I'm in California.
JA: What year is your California?
Customer: 2011 Sprinter Coach house XLDT
JA: Are you fixing your California yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing, just had some one who has 2 RV's confirm the above, suggeated the must be another switch to turn the propane off and on. Can't find it, only the exterior turn knob on the right side next to the intake valve .
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am not aware of any, just that the propane appliances were not used for 3 months, and has been in southern Ca., intermittanly inside,
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 7 months ago.

Check to see if the LP detector is off. That cuts off the LP flow. And when you disconnect the batteries, the disconnect solenoid reverts to the "store" position and that would shut the power off. Check those and get back to me. All follow ups are included in our fee.