Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

It. will not start, i hd prkblem once before. but it was so

Customer Question

it. will not start, i hd prkblem once before . but it was so long ago i f
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: so long ago i for got the trick used to over ride the faulty switch. the instructions were in my owner nuns however i can nor find they.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: when i turn in key all the lights lite up AbS,ENGINE SYMBLE, Battery ,BREAK, and wrench lights come on
JA: What is the model/year of your Ford?
Customer: oxford workhorse chassis in a Fleetwood. motor home 2008
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: tring ti remember what the instruction book said about over riding the problem
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: problem nothing i can think of
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sorry for the long delay, with all the lights you have coming on I would get a volt meter and check the starting battery voltage, if it is under 10.5 volts then the engine may not start. On your dash you may have a battery boost or aux button that you hold down, doing this will allow the house battery to "boost" the starting battery and may give you enough voltage to start the engine. I have seen some batteries that are so discharged that it may not matter, if you have low voltage at the starting battery check all the cables make sure they are clean and tight and then I would remove the battery and have it load tested, most auto parts stores will check them out free of charge, just make sure you mark all your cables so you know where they go when you put the battery back in, I am not sue of any special switch or reset beyond the battery boost switch. IF you would like an owners manual for your RV please let me know I can send you a link of one...

Let me know if you need more help, follow ups are included, I am around daily and respond when I can. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a STAR rating on the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thank you for response but I was able to find a mechanic who would come to our motor home .It was determined the starter had a dead spot that required replacement.
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for the update and sorry you did not get a response sooner..... I am glad the issue is taken care of....

Robert