RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Have N811lt refrigerator, want to ohm out thermistor, what…

Customer Question
Have N811lt refrigerator, want...

Have N811lt refrigerator, want to ohm out thermistor, what reading should I look for?

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the make/model/year of your RV?

2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 34ft.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '06 RV?

VIN# ***** Travel Trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Refrig works on L/P, bot not on 120VAC, Heater has continuity and collector/generator was warm to touch, but after 2-3 hrs, LED light flashes 5 times and not cooling

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

2 lights are on refrig control pane; 1 is amber, and says "Ck gas if flashing" the other os green and indicates refrig is cooling. Green LED flashes 5 times the stope flashing for a while

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
12/1/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert..

The flashing 5 times means no cooling detected by the controls and the fridge will lock out. I am going to send you some information on testing the thermistor, and how you can try and reset that code, give me a few mins... Robert

Click HERE for a service manual, see page 20. Normally if the thermistor fails the fridge will default to full cooling.

IF the ON light is flashing 5 times the fridge is locked out, this code can go off for low voltage or if you actually had an issue where the temp got to hot on the back of the fridge, sometimes when a cooling unit fails or is blocked you will see this code, make sure the fridge is level, if not re-level it before you try the reset....

You will nee to access the circuit board under the outside access for the fridge. You will be jumping a wire to ground and when it resets you should get a click. If the code comes back or will not reset then you will need to have this looked at.

Click HERE and HERE for the reset procedures. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..... Robert