RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

AC power to coach. but the bathroom gfi will not reset..

AC power to coach...

AC power to coach. but the bathroom gfi will not reset.. every states the 2005 allegro bus has to gfis but I can only find one in the bathroom

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

I have checked the inverter and it is not tripped. in fact the tv and sound system work along with the microwave. just the outlet that are in the kitchen and living room area. do not work freon level in what?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '05 RV?

2005 Allegro Bus TSP 40 foot three slides

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I un plugged it,, check and it states AC is connected its charging, the tv come s on an the radio.. but outlets in the bathroom, that kitch, and living room do not work. The gfi in the bathroom will not reset and has no power. I checked the bedroom breakers and they are not tripped but i reset them I also checked the two breakers on the inverter not tripped and I reset them

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just is there another breaker or another gfi and what might make the gfi not reset i think it tripped when both ac were turned on and only on 30 am. but everything is reset except that gfi in the bathroom

11/25/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

Normally they will stick the GFI"S in the bathroom and or galley but can be located about anywhere else including the outside so I would take one more look, check all the cabinets in the galley and then go outside and look in all the compartments, where your fridge is plugged in etc....

Let me ask you this, when you run the generator do you get power back to the outlets????

Follow ups are included... Robert

I have not tried that yet.. as the gfi has not power to it in bathroom

OK...

So you are plugged into power correct? DO you have a 50 or 30 amp service... Robert

On a 50 amp service you have two 110 legs coming in so I would start the generator and see if you get all your power back, it might help narrow the issue down, if you are missing one hot leg you would still have some AC voltage coming into the RV. IF you still have the same issue and you can not find another GFI I would start by checking for AC voltage in and out of the breaker for that circuit, go to the first NON working outlet that is closets to the breaker panel and check the connections, work away from the breaker panel. Could be a bad GFI as well if you have voltage present going into the outlet. A polarity checker will also tell you if there is a wiring issue, most places like Home Depot have them for a few dollars. It will plug into the outlets. Really sounds to me you have a GFI hiding.... Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic