Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Haw to chek on fuel pump or float on a Monaco safari 2002 is

Customer Question

Robert haw to chek on fuel pump or float on a Monaco safari 2002 is inside opennin to the tank /?
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi again...

What is the exact issue you are having? Is the fuel gauge not reading correct or something else is going on?

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
fuel gauge read full all time
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

OK

You should have a sender on the top of the tank. Normally when they read full you have a bad sender or ground, pull the ground wire off the sender and touch it to the frame and see if the gauge reads correctly, if so bad ground, if nothing happens then the sender is probably the issue. More times then not the sender is the issue and not the dash gauge when they read full all the time or bad ground. The ones I have dealt with are round and they will use Allen head screws holding it to the tank. I think I might have some more info on the sender as well, let me take a look and will send that info to you... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

As far as access some Monaco's have a side panel near the fuel tank or you have to lower the tank to get at it.....

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Click HERE this info is specific for Monaco around this time frame, it is the sender manufacturer. On the sender are some tiny screws that allow you to adjust it, so if you need a new one might be important to know. Normally you measure the rod length and when the new one comes you have to cut it to size. Also so you know the sender has to match the fuel gauge to work properly, I have seen owners change the gauge and it works backwards or not at all..... In the shop it is about 4 hours of labor to change it out if the tank has to come down, the long part is draining all the diesel and putting it back in....... Hopefully you have access to it from the side..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped.. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me..

Have a Safe and happy Thanksgiving.....

Robert