Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have a Dometic model NDA 1402 side by side refridgerator

Customer Question

I have a Dometic model NDA 1402 side by side refridgerator in my motor home. The last time we used it the unit quit cooling. It appears to operate on both electricity and gas but will no cool. When I investigated I found that a piece of caulking had come loose and fallen onto one of the fans. The fans were not turning.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Did you happen to recheck and see if the fans are cycling on and off now?

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

If the fans were not cycling on and off it would be a concern. The other problem could be the cooling unit. Normally if you have NO cooling on both LP and AC the cooling unit could be at fault. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked where the solution inside is not moving. For a rupture you might smell ammonia, see a yellowish powder on the back of the fridge. For a blockage you would have no symptoms at all but no cooling on both AC and LP. Make sure the fridge is level, if it is not level re-level the fridge and let it sit for a few hours and try again.

Also you should be able to put this into service mode and do some self checks, click HERE for that, see page 15 and then 18.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me follow ups are included...

Have a Safe and Happy Thanksgiving... Robert