RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2003 Beaver Baron on a Roadmaster chassis, I'm

Customer Question
having brake problem when I...
I have a 2003 Beaver Baron on a Roadmaster chassis, I'm having brake problem when I get in heavy traffic my brakes seem to lock or not release completely...the last time the brake fluid pushed out of master cylinders...what should I do or replace...Thanks, ***** *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
11/22/2016
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This can be due to a fault with the brake master cylinder itself.The cups or seals can swell up and cause the brakes to lock up as well as in some cases force out fluid like this here.In some cases it can fail on its own over time and in other cases it can fail and cause this if the incorrect type of brake fluid is used.This will have to be checked/tested further to be sure this is the cause but this is the most common cause for this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician