Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

1993 8.3 cummins, started up and we backed out of the

Customer Question

1993 8.3 cummins, started up and we backed out of the driveway, put it in drive started up a gradual hill, pushed the throttle nothing. Engine ran up to 1300 rpm and would not back down. Tried turning it off and back on nothing. We couldn't get it into gear because of the rpm. We were just up the street a hundred yards and backed it back down and into the in neutral
JA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?
Customer: 1993 Monaco Dynasty. 250 hp. No computer. Do you need the serial number of the motor. If so I will have to find it
JA: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: RV
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. Is your fuel system fully mechanical or electronic injection? If mechanical check the throttle linkage at the injection pump to see that it is okay and allowing the fuel lever to go to full throttle and return to idle position. Let me know the complete model and serial number from the engine ID tag.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Engine, C8.3-250, engine serial # 44839372 mechanical
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 10 months ago.

Thanks for the update. How did the checks go I mentioned?

Hi, Did you get this resolved?