Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My Winnebago "Vista" Type MPV (26HE) city water inlet

Customer Question

My Winnebago "Vista" Type MPV (26HE) city water inlet allows, when the setting of the Fresh Water Valve is set on "Normal", water to go also to the tank (Tank Fill). Your though?
JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: a little over 26,000 miles. NO LEAKS detected. However, when NOT connected to city water, the pump comes on every 2 a 3 seconds for just a brief second, indicating that there is a leak.
JA: What year is your MPV?
Customer: Type MPV WFE26HE
JA: Are you fixing your MPV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am going to try to fix it myself. So far I only unscrewed the panel to take a look at the connections and took photos to share with others (like you) if they needed to take a peak at it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

That sounds like a defective valve and the "leak" is actually water bypassing that and going into the tank. Not that expenive as a rule, but can be fun changing it out sometimes. You might have better luck just adding a shutoff in the line to the tank. I can get you some Winnebago Plumbing diagrams if you need them. Hope this proves helpful here. Please get back to me if you need additional input as all follow ups are included in our fee and fully expected.