Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a question about the electrical system operation,

Customer Question

I have a question about the electrical system operation
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: forest River Wildwood XL 2017
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Forest River - WildwoodWildwood X-Lite
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2017
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just trouble shooting it. It may be operating correctly however, I need to know How the system works
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, The 12 volt Lights and accessories do not work when connected to the shore power and my battery is very low. is that normal
JA: How old is the battery? And have you tested it with a voltmeter?
Customer: new about one mo
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

No and that can be due to several things. The battery may be failing and not holding a charge or the converter may not be working properly and failing to charge up the battery. Even brand new batteries have a pretty high failure rate. If you have a small digital multimeter the converter can be checked easily. It can be a defective shortstop breaker between the battery and the converter. That, too, can be checked with a meter. Those are about $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use and I can direct you in the testing. Hope that gives you some places to start. Please get back to me if you need additional input on this as all follow ups are included in our fee.