Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My new remco driveline disconnect kit squeaks and is getting

Customer Question

my new remco driveline disconnect kit squeaks and is getting louder
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: I just had it installed this summer. It started squeaking for about 1 month. it is installed on my 2014 Tacoma. Never taken it out to the mountains yet, pure highway miles
JA: Are you fixing your Tacoma yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No. This was installed by a professional in Albq. NM.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only thing is that I have not tried it yet for towing with my motorhome. However, the noise is getting to be annoying.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

HI my name is Robert.....

I am going to give you an installation manual so you can look it over and double check the work. Very important on new installs that the U joints are lubed right after the install, it could be the issue you are having......

Care needs to be taken to prepare the u-joints for installation into the yokes. It is necessary to completely lubricate each u-joint prior to installation to avoid premature failure. U-joints have just enough grease to hold the needle bearings in place for shipment purposes only. The following instructions are very important. Remove the four bearing caps from the u-joint cross. Install the grease zerk into the cross. Using a grease gun on the zerk, pack enough grease into the cross until the grease comes out each of the cross ends. The four bearing caps need to be filled with a finger full of grease. The u-joint is ready to be installed onto the Superior drive shaft (see Illustration 2, page 7).

Click HERE and have a look. I might have a shop take a look at this and do a test drive as well. Better be safe then sorry..........

Hope this helps out some..... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi was just checking in to see if my answer has helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me, follow ups are included.....

Robert