Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I had a 97 pace arrow when I plug in a portable heater all

Customer Question

I had a 97 pace arrow when I plug in a portable heater all the power is gone out what's the first thing yo check I just got this rv and I don't have the manual for it
JA: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?
Customer: It's just turn off everyt
JA: What is the model of your '97 RV?
Customer: Pace arrow
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't try anything just got back to it now and all of a sudden the power is hone
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Where is the main fuse box located on this
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

GO to the main breaker panel inside the RV, shut all the breakers OFF and then turn them on one at a time. GO around and look for a tripped GFI, these will be outlets with a test and rest on them, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can be located just about anywhere else including the outside, make sure you do not have one that is tripped, normally when you plug something in and it overloads the circuit the GFI will trip. Make sure the supply source or post you are also using did not trip a breaker. I suspect a GFI has tripped but also check the breakers for the RV and the supply. Let me know if you have more questions or concerns.... Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Where is the braker panel usually located ? That's my question earlier it's already dark and cold here . Can you answe it right away please
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Normally it is below the fridge, will have a panel that swings down, next to the breakers will be DC fuses.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Per manual..... 120-volt House Electrical- This electrical panel is located in an overhead cabinet in the galley. This panel is very similar to a residential panel with resettable breakers.

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Did you find the panel??

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? If you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert