peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Gene. I am having problems dissembling a hijacker hydraulic

Customer Question

Hi Gene. I am having problems dissembling a hijacker hydraulic ram to replace the ram O rings. Have undone the bottom bolt endless turns with no progress. What is the recommended procedure. Gordon. +64 273 704 608
JA: What year is your Ram?
Customer: Pass just brought second hand but has to be 20 years old
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Undoing the lower bolt, telescoping the inner piston (lower leg) out. It comes to a sudden stop. The bolt is still firm requiring a socket to turn, must have turned at least 30 revolutions with little gain.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I removed the pump piston assembly and established the removal procedure is out the bottom.
JA: Have you checked the fluids recently?
Customer: The oil drained out the failed seals down the leg. Another leg is becoming damp
Category: RV
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Inspect the bolt threads to see if any are damaged in any way as this can cause a fault like this here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete