peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing various model vehicles.
14928985

Trouble with entertainment system. 2016 tiffin allegro red

Customer Question

Trouble with entertainment system. B
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2016 tiffin allegro red 38 qra Seemed for at home. Drive to Texas and hooked up cable. Back TV now only with TB antenna and HDMI 1 available. Front two TV with those plus HDMI 2 inputting options. However, only thing working is DVR in bedroom.
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: We hooked cable up to "tripod" connection back drivers side. Tries different coax cables to Dirext TV box with no change. No cable and no TV w antenna.
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried changing cable input outside to both "tripod" inputs. Tried all 4 TVs. Blu-Ray works in bedroom with wifi, but not on other TVs. No cable option at all.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: What are the two boxes behind the fan adjacent the bedroom BlubRay? Which cable I supposed to be hooked up to the Diect TV box? Is there supposed to be a box in the cabinet over the passenger seat? Also, no light o. The TV/cable button in cabinet over passenger seat...
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: The TV / cable button has a light (which doesn't work). Manual says on/off for TV b cable.
Category: RV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 9 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

This may require a Directv install person to come out and inspect the cables and boxes.This sounds like one of the signal boxes or switching boxes is working incorrectly or hooked up incorrectly possibly.If this is not an option for you and you want to see if anyone else can assist further let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete