Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

99 bounder---leveling motor will not shut off. overheated

Customer Question

99 bounder---leveling jack motor will not shut off. overheated and started smoking. Pulled fuse and obviously the motor stopped. no apparent damage. Motor sounds loud. Fluid reservoir is full. Help
JA: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?
Customer: Do you mean the regular radiator coolant?
JA: What is the model of your '99 RV?
Customer: Bounder is 34 ft. with one slide out
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am a mechanical dunce! I replaced the fuse and checked the fluid reservoir. Other than that, I'm clueless
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: One other issue with the coach is the dash gauges ( battery condition, fluid levels etc.) and the radio don't work. I checked all of the under dash fuses and all appear to be intact.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert...

Sounds like you have a bad motor solenoid, if the contacts were stuck then the pump would continue to run, the solenoid is near the pump/motor, try smacking it a few times and see if it will unseat. Will have a cable going from the solenoid to the motor. Who is the manufacturer of the leveling????

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Power Gear---S/N(###) ###-#### P/N 500506
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

OK..

Let me see if I can pull up a diagram on this, will take me a few mins will respond back... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

OK

I really think you have a bad solenoid, the solenoid should only have voltage on one side until you hit the switch, then power will be across the solenoid. Make sure all the cables are clean and tight in that area. I think I found your system and if you click HERE it will provide you some wiring diagrams. I am not so sure the other issue is tied together with this as the jacks should be on there own circuit. I might try another solenoid, most RV shops should be able to obtain one for you, if the problem still occurs then I might have a shop diagnose, it should not take more then one hour..... Hope this points you in the right direction. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page.,..

Also on that solenoid if you remove it and have continuity through the large posts then it is bad.

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.
Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...Robert