Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

My Roadtrek Agile inverter wont shut off? Merz sprinter

Customer Question

hello , my Roadtrek Agile inverter wont shut off ?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Merz sprinter 2500,Agile ss, 2014
JA: Are you fixing your Sprinter 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I just kicked on the inverter to check battery level and now it wont shut off?
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: not leaking and no smell ,but it got wet ?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope!
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

If you shut off the battery disconnect switch will the inverter shut down? Are you plugged into power? Some have an optional 2500 watt inverter....

Optional 2500 Watt Inverter If you have the optional 2500 watt inverter, the switch to the left of the monitor panel. This inverter provides 120 volt AC (household current) to all 120 volt appliances and wall outlets. Press the top of the toggle switch to select "Power Save Auto". In this setting, when you're not drawing 120 volt power, the inverter will shut itself off. If you turn on a 120 volt appliance it senses a load and will come back on in about 20 seconds. If you select "Power Save Auto" you'll avoid using the electricity it takes to keep the inverter powered, and your batteries will require less recharging. The middle position of the inverter switch is off, and pressing the bottom of the switch selects "Power Save Off". When this setting is selected the inverter will be on continuously. There is a shore power indicator light to the right of the 2500 watt inverter switch to show you that the system is receiving shore power. There is also a battery charging indicator light to tell you when the batteries are being charged by shore power. Your refrigerator will run on either 12 volt battery power or 120 volt inverter power, but because of the conversion loss in the 12 volt to 120 volt transformation it will use less electricity if the inverter is off and it is running on 12 volt power.

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Looks like the 750 watt inverter just has a switch to turn it on and off, the 2500 watt optional inverter has it's own panel and says Aims power on it.... hard for me to know which type you have since it is an option. Robert