RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Had a power problem where the power cord and plugs shorted…

Had a power problem...

Had a power problem where the power cord and plugs shorted and lost power over a day and night. Got that repaired but now getting the EO error message on my Dometic RM1350 refer

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

It's steady now. I replaced both plugs on the power cable and the plug on the RV. The park replaced their plug on the post.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2013 Sanibel 3500 by Prime Time/Forrest River

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?

As stated I replaced the plugs and have unplugged the refer for a few minutes. Error message EO never went off. Plugged back in and nothings changed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Microwave went out during all this but everything else is good. Micro wasn't working just right before the outage

11/10/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert.....

You need to remove the DC power from the fridge, you will have a terminal block on the back of the fridge, disconnect the wires, the display should go dead. The E0 is a communication fault between the lower board and the display panel inside, sometimes taking away the DC power will work, the fridge needs DC power to run the board, it can care less if it is plugged in to turn on. While the DC power is disconnected check all the plugs on the circuit board, make sure nothing is loose, if you still have the code I suspect possibly the circuit board failed when you had the short, they do not handle voltage change very good. Click HERE see page 18 it will show the connector. IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

I noticed that the interior light is not working also.

I think that board may have taken a hit when you had the power issue, they do not do well. IF you disconnect the DC power and unplug the fridge pull the cover off the circuit board, there are fuses but normally when the DC fuse blows you will have a blank display. Check them and then check for any burnt marks on the board, sometimes you might see that.

Hope this helps some... Robert

Unhooked the two red wires on the block. Rehooked and plugged power back in. Led was off and I reset to auto and 5 for cooling. Will wait and see if it starts cooling.

Good Job, I think we got ahead if that did not work... You should be good to go on this.....

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.... Robert

Thanks

Let me know if you still need more help I am around daily and respond when I can, you should be able to select a rating at the top of the page....

Robert

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

it helped. Good job. Cooled down to where it was before.

I am glad I could help, you should be able to select a Rating at the TOP of the page, it is the only way I get "credit" for helping, if you are having trouble doing that then I can send your comments in for credit....

Thanks, Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic