RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2008 Jayco Melbourne 29 D and it started out that

Customer Question
my radio wasn't working then...
I have a 2008 Jayco Melbourne 29 D and it started out that my radio wasn't working then now my dashboard is not working as far as the gas gauge and the speedometer. Also all of a sudden now I cant put my slides out and it appears I have no internal power. It does not matter if the motor is on or the generator is on it still does the same. I also noticed the power inverter button in the command center is not lit up anymore. This all happened within 24 hours. Any ideas?
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: under the hood and under the dash?
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: its a ford 6.8 v10 2008 e450
JA: What year is your '08 Ford?
Customer: let me check the door as I though it was always a 08
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: my father and I are attempting to fix it, yes. We have located 2 fuseboxes. one under the hood and one under the dash and have tested each fuse that we could however we don't have the book that goes to the vehicle to tell us what fuse goes to what circuit. it has a brand new batter under the hood as well
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know if it is related but the back left brake light and the left back up light don't work even though the bulb is good. I don't know if it is on the same circuit but that is the only other thing I can think of.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was able to get the power restored inside the motorhome by the battery disconnect reset switch inside the entry door but the instrument panel still out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/7/2016
RV Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

It is possible that a fault has occurred internally with the electronic ignition switch itself.If you have not had the ignition switch tested this should be done.If a fault is found it will need replaced to correct this here.If this is or was checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician