RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 1988 Winnebago Super Chief 27RQ. The Windshield

Customer Question
I have a 1988 Winnebago...
I have a 1988 Winnebago Super Chief 27RQ. The Windshield Wiper Control Module, Dana Part No 66C00024 is defective and I can no longer use the wipers. My local GM Parts rep advised that Dana is no longer in business and can't obtain a replacement. He called Winnebago today and was advised that he would have to get a substitute part but couldn't tell him what to get. I gather from my on-line search that this problem is not unique to my Winnie.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Do you know if there is power to the wiper motor?
Customer: I havr checked the fuses and wiper motor. The motor works fine. There is a burned out circuit trace on the circuit board inside the Dana Control module. I jumpered the burned out section and a different section burned out. When I put a jumper across the second burned out trace, the fuse blew. When I cut the second jumper, put in a new fuse and plugged the module in again, the wipers run all the time at high speed when the ignition is "ON". Problem seems to be a shorted component on the PC board beyond the first jumper I put on, which is why I think I need a new control module.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: As I said at the start, a 1988 Winnebago Super Chief motor home, Model 27RQ
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have already explained what I have done, see above
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I need a source for a replacement Dana circuit board or a wiring diagram that shows a work around for an alternate component so I can use my wipers. As a simple solution I can apply power directly to the wiper motor but I don't get low speed and intermittent "delay" control, nor do I get the control for the windshield washer that is tied into the same module.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The motorhome is on a Chevy "P" Chassis, VIN 1GBKP37WOH3340117.
11/4/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

Sorry for the delay, I see no other experts have responded, I saw your question yesterday and tried to research that part and nothing comes up. So a few leads for you that you can try, first off I would try to contact some salvage yards and see if they have one of these units laying around the yard, that would be the best and cheapest if you can find one. Colaw is a good source, I have used them before, click HERE to view. I would also contact AM equipment and see if they have anything for this or at least a retro kit so you can make this work, click HERE for them.... I will keep looking as well, just wanted to throw out the idea of a salvage yard you might luck out...... Robert

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I didn't find your reply to be too useful. I looked at the Web sites for the sources you suggested and found nothing. Not sure if they did have anything that they would ship to Canada. Don't know of any RV salvage yards around where I live in Ontario Canada and American sources aren't always accessible to us in Canada.I was hoping to get some circuit diagrams the would enable me to find a work around using currently available components.I have managed to identify a failed surge arrested diode on the old control module and replace it. My wipers now work again. For now, I don't need a new module any more.

Understand I was trying to be helpful. I just looked at some Winnebago prints for the 27RQ and they do not have anything on that circuit. I am glad you got them going and sorry I was not able to locate one of these for you, I tried for sometime. IT looks like you will need to the upgrade in the future if it stops working.

Sometimes it is a challenge online, I only get credit when you select a rating but my goal is for you to be satisfied. IF you are not satisfied you can click HERE for customer service, I do not handle the billing or payments.. Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic