Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

The fan on the refridgerator is annoyingly loud. but the

Customer Question

The fan on the refridgerator is annoyingly loud. but the main deal is the 29 amp converter breaker pops, causing the refridge
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: the noise comes from the back of the fridge. the 20 amp converter breaker pops and then the fridge check light comes on till you reset the breaker , also the lights are quite a bit dimmer when this happens
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2014 Sabre 34RLQS
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the only thing we have done is reset the breaker, wondering what is causing the breaker to go. the noise apparently comes from the fan, when its hot.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Unit is under warranty.
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

What is the make and model of the fridge???? Are you hearing the fan noise under the fridge? The only reason I ask is you mention dim lights, some converters sit under the fridge and they do have a fan that is much louder then a fridge fan and not all fridges have fans on them. Thinking you possibly could be hearing the converter fan......

IF you shut the fridge off and run everything else in the RV do the lights get dim?

Are you using any extension cords or adapters on the main cord you plug in with??

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Please respond here, I see you opened a new question, I closed that so you do not get charged again...... You can respond as much as needed here.

To me it sounds like the power converter could be the problem. The key is the dimming lights and the breaker tripping. Are you using any adapters or extension cords on the main cord???

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

What is the make and model of the converter??? IS it below the fridge?? The converter will be part of the main fuse/breaker panel OR stand alone and plug into an outlet.

Robert

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
the 20 amp Rv circuit breaker pops and then the lights dim, and the fridge check light comes on, also the fridge fan in back is very noisy 2014 Sabre 34 RLQSYear (other): 2014
Model: Sabre RLQS
Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

OK

What is the make and model of the fridge and the power converter???

IF you shut the fridge OFF and turn on all the lights, furnace etc do the lights still go dim???

Are you using any extension cords or adapters on the main cord you plug in with???

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 8 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if you still need more help on this??? Please let me know...

Robert