RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Not getting propane gas to stove top burners, frig, water…

Customer Question
Not getting propane gas...

Not getting propane gas to stove top burners, frig, water tank or furnace.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?

Its a Jayco Swift SLX trailer. Replaced propane tank with known good tank, replaced regulator and checked hoses and no luck

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Swift?

2013

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Swift yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself. I called the Jayco service dealer and they thought it might be the gas regulator so I bought new one and no luck. My neighbor whose owns an trailer and I went through the troubleshooting process and no luck.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. what's the cost using your service.

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the RV Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

If the problem gets fixed, what would be my cost.

Mechanic's Assistant: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the RV Mechanic. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.

Ok. how do I make a deposit?

Mechanic's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Ok

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: RV
10/31/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 5 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert.....

IF you have a LP detector make sure it is turned on, some set ups if the detector trips it cuts the flow of LP. Go to that main tank valve and shut it, SLOWLY open it back up, sometimes if the main valve is opened to fast then the regulator can lock up, slowly open it up. Sometimes you will find a main valve on the hard pipe where it comes into the RV, under the sink stove etc, normally they will have a red handle. I think the next step would be to have a shop hook up a manometer and do a system pressure check and a leak down check to see if you are losing the LP, normally if you had a leak you would smell the additive so check all the lower cabinets and see if you smell that, LP will sink to the ground and become stagnate. The other possibility is if you had contamination in the LP.... Hope this helps some... Robert

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert