Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with ISL 400 Cummins, stop

Customer Question

2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor with ISL 400 Cummins
JA: Are you fixing your Endeavor yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: stop engine light came on and only get 1500 rpm now
JA: Has your vehicled stalled? Has anyone run a diagnostic test to pull the trouble code?
Customer: i just bought it and it ran good when coming home. I changed oil and filter and air cleaner, fuel filter and drove about 25 miles when this happened. Levels are all good
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Did you pre-fill the engine and fuel filter and this happened right after you changed the filters?

Robert

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

OK... Did you replace both fuel filters?

IF you have a loss of power and the CEL light is on the engine is in limp mode to protect it's self. I do not what kind of problem could have happened after you serviced the engine and fuel filters unless the filters are wrong, you have low oil level etc. I would re-check everything, make sure the filters are not loose, if so they could suck air. Check the air filter make sure nothing was left inside, such as a rag, have seen that a few times. IF everything is to spec on the oil level and all the filters are correct and not loose then I would find a mobile service or chassis shop to come pull codes from the engine, anytime the CEL light goes off it will store a code, with the proper software a shop can see what codes are coming up, it takes the guess work out of what is going on and that saves time and money.... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Also on the fuel filters you normally have a smaller gasket that goes on the spud or threaded nipple the filter screws onto, I have seen before where it does not get taken off and the new one installed and can cause problems, or it is not put on at all. Not sure which filters you are using, and I am trying to share everything I have seen, trying to brainstorm why the issue is happening after the service. Robert