Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My rear tip out on the curbside started to go in a little

Customer Question

Hello, my rear tip out on the curbside started to go in a little sideways, stopped brought it back out, went to retracted in started to bind. Bottom of lower panel popped a bit which started to arch out in middle.
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Well just bought it used 1998 Fleetwood Savana 35ft. Previous owner says never had problem for years (they all say that) but all other tip outs work great.
JA: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, but going under to tae
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Went to type , going under to see were its catching or binding.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What do you need?
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Is this a single track slide or twin tracks? Maker or name on the switch is there is one would help. Also if you can attach a photo of the under side using the paperclip icon that would help.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry trailer up north and won't get to it for another week. It has 2 slides on either side with the locking bar underneath which is folding in and good. It seems there is a main center beam that's not retracting when the outer side seems to be pulling in ok.
Could there be to much weight pushing down, alignement?
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Doubtful.......more likely something broke on the tracking portion. So do you want to get back to me later once you get to that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sure. Thx
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

I can also offer you a phone chat option which some customers find more suitable to their situation. No time limit or on number of calls needed.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this as I hadn't heard back from you? If you still need some assistance, please let me know. Thanks!