Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Furnace not working, 1995 dutchman atwood furnace cycles

Customer Question

furnace not working
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 1995 dutchman atwood furnace cycles through n clicks ignites then goes out n smell gas could be a themo coupler
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: worked fine in spring to out last weekend not working
JA: What is the model of your '95 RV?
Customer: d
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: looking for answers
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

This can be any number of things. If it hasn't been run for some time, it may just need to be cycled a few times to get the pressure equalized in the line. Low LP pressure at the tank regulator can be an issue and that is something that should be checked at least once a year and is often neglected. If you don't have an insect screen the wasps or mud dobbers may have gotten into the heat exchanger and are causing the air flow to be impeded. Sometimes the discs in the gas valve stick when the furnace has been idle for some time. I would start with the easy ones like incoming DC voltage and LP pressure and see what those are and we can go from there.

Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

If you can give me the make and model of your furnace before we chat that would be helpful. That way I can supply a manual and you can follow along with what we are discussing as things to do here. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
what ripe off never again thanks for nothing then want more money
Expert:  Randall replied 9 months ago.

I don't think you read my answer completely. You can get more on this but, you didn't supply the make and model of your furnace. This is a format that depends on an exchange of information and there is only one charge no matter how many exchanges take place. You asked for a phone chat and that is an upcharge of $9. There is no limit as to time or number of calls needed. I offered to supply a Repair manual at no charge. This is always way cheaper than going to a shop! Sorry you didn't think it was worth it, but you can always ask for a complete refund.