RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 1211m norcold it works fine on ac and propane

whenIdrive on propane it goes...
I have a 1211m norcold it works fine on ac and propane whenIdrive on propane it goes off and when I stop to relight it goes right back and after driving a few minutes it goes off again it wont stay on propane when driving
10/23/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 5 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

That can be several things. When did you last have the fridge serviced and the flue and burner cleaned and the LP working pressure adjusted at the tank regulator? Those would be the usual causes of poor LP performance. The working pressure is supposed to be checked and adjusted if needed once a year. Likewise with the flue and burner. Get back to me with this and I can direct you futher and supply a copy of the Norcold Service Manual for this model if you need one. All follow ups are included in our fee.

I had the flue cleaned last week the burner and regulator were not checked for pressure

Did you clean the flue or someone else? I am wondering if they moved the igniter so that it isn't fully engulfed in the flame any longer? Low LP pressure does the same thing. I would check the pressure first and then look at the end of the igniter and see if that is fully engulfed in the flame. When there is good flame, it "dances" on the burner and lifts off slightly and emits a "dull roar" as well.

when getting rv oil change rv tech look at friudge and blue dust and dirt from burner area and nothing else

Then most likely it is just an LP adjustment. Take a look at the flame and see what it looks like. See the attached link for a copy of the Norcold Service Manual for this model. I would print it out so you have it as there is a bunch of good information in there. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold1210.pdf

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification