Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

I have Thor WIndsport. FOr some unknown reason my freshwater

Customer Question

I have Thor WIndsport. FOr some unknown reason my freshwater tank has stopped filling. I can blow air into the tank so there is no obstruction but it refuses to let anymore water in. Any suggestions?
Category: RV
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The freshwater fill tank is a Swan quick fill. It has been working fine and then just stopped.
Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert.....

IF you can blow air into the tank and it is coming out the drain for the tank then it sounds like you might have an issue with the vent. In order for the tank to fill with water it needs to be vented properly, I would look for a vent hose on top of the tank, normally you will have a flex pipe running above the tank like an upside down U sometimes if that vent pipe falls below the tank you might have problems filling. I doubt the swan quick fill is the issue if you can feel air coming out the drain. One other possible problem would be if the tank is filling but the sensors are not reading properly, but then again you should get flow out of the tank when you have the drain valve open. I would check the vent on the tank and go from there... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 9 months ago.

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me...

Robert