RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The air pressure builds up to 120psi but the suspension is…

The air pressure builds...

The air pressure builds up to 120psi but the suspension is not working nor the leveling jacks. The left rear leveling jack did not go all the way up, but all the others did. All my problems seems to be related to the Leveling Jacks. The ON / OFF LED push button on the Leveling Jack console is not coming on. Any thoughts why? This Coach does have a dump toggle switch (one position only, down and spring return), when push down, nothing happens. Do you have a wiring schematic for dump toggle? Where is the dump valve located? Any Fuses?Thanking you in advance,

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual?

Fleetwood Serial Number 719VT5202474
Year, Make & Model 1996 American Eagle

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked the manuals

Answered in 1 minute by:
10/13/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Who is the manufacturer of the leveling, should say on the control pad......

Robert

Power Gear - Semi-Automatic - three jacks, one in front and two in the rear

OK

On the control pad where is says power gear do you see a small p/n number, if so can you tell me what it says?

Robert

The Power Gear Leveling Console does not light up. It has 12vdc power....

I understand all that but Power Gear has dozens of different arrangements, in order to get you a wiring diagram or try I need to know what the P/n is on the pad OR if there is no number on it, it would be in fine print... Robert

no numbers on the front... I'll take it out and see if any number on the back.. Give me a few minutes. Thanks

Some of the power gear control boxes will have a dump fuse and other fuses on them, some have fuses on the back side of the control panel Click HERE and have a look, I believe yours should be covered if it is a 96. See page 19.... Robert

YEA that's it. The part number is *****The part number is *****

If that is in fact yours page 22 shows the air dump solenoid, you should be able to apply voltage to that and see if the bags dump.... Look the manual over, check all the fuses and check the connections at the control box...... That is a service manual and should help you with the wiring and fuse location. You could have a bad control box or pad if it is not turning on AND you have voltage. The issue here is the system is obsolete, so I would try and go over everything in the manual, check your wiring see if the solenoid is working when you apply voltage to it.... I would assume the RV manufacturer installed the switch on the dash to the solenoid so you can manually dump......

Robert

IF you look on page 22 at the wiring diagram for the control box you will see XF1-XF7 they are fuses......

Robert

It does have a manual dump toggle switch, spring return. That is not working either. Do you have any wiring schematics?Only one fuse on the Control Console, XF1 and it is good.I have to check the other control module for XF1-XF7

All I have is the side for the power gear, I would think the air dump switch wiring will go to the air dump solenoid shown on page 22. You might want to try and reach out to Fleetwood with your FIN and see if they can give you some prints for the RV side, they do have a technical support line for customers but I am unsure how far back they keep prints, if you call make sure you have the FIN, if you need that number let me know.....

Find the control BOX and check for any fuses on that. My feelings are if you have voltage going to the control pad then you might have a bad pad....

are you still on?Robert, are you still on?

Yes I am...

Hi Robert - where is the leveling Control Module located?I cannot locate itp/n 500106

OK

From my experience it is going to be in one of your storage compartments in the overhead, normally center of the RV, try and see where the harness is going from the pad, sometimes they are also located on the floor of the dash. Really difficult to say because the RV manufacturer will move it per year, model and floor plan. The hard part in trying to help on this site is always component location, I have worked on thousands of RV"S and nothing is in the same spot, those are some common areas.... Robert

Ok Robert, thanks.... I'll keep looking

10-4 Trying my best on this one..... You can follow up whenever needed, I am around daily and respond WHEN I can so no hurry on my end.....

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic