RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Have a model SRF28RL 2016 serial number SR3011420 the

Customer Question
electric system won't work on...
Have a model SRF28RL 2016 serial number SR3011420 the electric system won't work on the 50 amp service at the park that I in. Will work when attached to the truck. The rv parked check there service and is ok. I have a surge protector and it shows the service is good. Would do I need to due
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/11/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

Do you happen to have a built in generator on your model???

Robert

IF you have a generator I would unplug from power and see if you get voltage. IF you get voltage then you have an issue with the transfer switch.

IF you DO NOT have a generator the power should go right to the breaker panel inside via the cord. Shut all your breakers off, unplug the cord for a few mins. Plug back in and turn all your breakers back ON.... Go around and make sure you do not have any tripped GFI'S, these will be certain outlets with a test and reset on them, normally they are in the bathroom and or galley but can also be located outside.

IF you still do not have power you will need someone to check AC voltage where it is coming into the main breaker panel, could be a bad connection, bad breaker etc.

Let me know if you still need more help, follow ups are included... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Un plug and turned off all circuit breakers didn't help

OK

I assume you do not have a generator.. IF you are showing good power at the surge protector the next step would be to check for voltage at the breaker panel where the cord is coming in. Could be a loose connection at the breaker panel or a bad main breaker, the cord should come in right to the panel. On a 50 amp service you will have two hot legs of 110 coming into the panel. Not sure what else this is going to be. IF you have an inverter which allows you to have AC power when you are unplugged go to the inverter and make sure you do not have a breaker tripped on that. I suspect if you are missing ALL the AC power then it is an issue at the panel...

My goal is for you to be satisfied with my efforts IF you would like to try another expert please let me know, I only get credit when you select a rating at the top of the page.....

Robert

IF you have the AC power (outlets, microwave, TV's etc) please let me know.....

Hi... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped, if you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic