RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I own a 2009 Monaco Monarch 30sfs. It has a single large

Customer Question
wall slide on drivers side...
I own a 2009 Monaco Monarch 30sfs. It has a single large wall slide on drivers side. I noticed that when the slide is extended the interior top gasket is not sealing completely. It was a windy day and I could easily feel the wind blowing when placing my hand on the top seal. How can I adjust this issue?
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue? What size is your engine?
Customer: thanks
JA: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: This is the first time dealing with this issue. Ford V10 I haven't done anything yet.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes. When the wall is retracted the seal is complete and equal.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
10/9/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

I would strongly advise to have a RV shop make any adjustments and see if the seal needs to be replaced, you should not have any daylight at all. These rooms can be very difficult to adjust and you can get into a situation where you make things worse where the room will not run properly or you have more leaks etc. Most good shops should be able to adjust this and the labor time is only one hour on average which is well worth it in my opinion. IF you make the wrong adjustments you can have big problems. I am all for the owner doing there own repairs but on something like this I would let a shop handle. What you might be able to do in the mean time is put some D seal on the top of the slide so when it is extended the D seal will make contact with the gasket and prevent less air or water from coming in, I have had to do that in the field before..... Hope this helps some.... Robert

Hi.... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic