RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I'm thinking the converter quit. the fan doesn't turn on at

Customer Question
all while hooked to shore...
I'm thinking the converter quit. the fan doesn't turn on at all while hooked to shore power
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: pilgrim open road 340
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I checked all the fuses, and that I have power coming in to everything
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: when we put the heat on, it works until the battery dies
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
10/6/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert...

The power converter will take the incoming AC voltage and make the DC voltage and charge the battery, if you have AC voltage going into the converter and the output DC voltage is under 12.5 volts the power converter has failed and would need to be replaced. Sometimes on the charge line from the converter to the battery they will use an auto breaker, below is a picture, you want to check and make sure you do not have one and it is tripped. Most of them have a small tab that pops out when they trip. IF you can get me the make and model of the converter I might be able to help you out some more...... IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.... Robert

Breaker...

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic