Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Whye to heat up on front nend when applies do brakes seam,

Customer Question

Whye to heat up on front nend when applies do brakes seam
JA: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?
Customer: on the brakes
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: Knight 12003 36 ft
JA: What year is your RV?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: have it at arepair shop now
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI my name is Robert...

Your question is a bit hard to follow what is the EXACT issue you are having with the brakes???

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seam to get hot when we stop
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't seam to get hot smell while driving just when slow down or stop
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I see you have opened another question, I closed that so you do not get charged again.

There was a major recall this year for the brakes heating up. Below are the details, could be the issue and if it is at a shop I would bring it up. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping.....

Also Click HERE

Manufacturer: MONACO COACH CORP.

SUMMARY:

ON CERTAIN MOTOR HOMES, THE BRAKE ASSEMBLIES EXHIBIT ELEVATED TEMPERATURES THAT CAN LEAD TO CATASTROPHIC DETERIORATION OF THE WHEEL END COMPONENTS SUCH AS BEARINGS, RACES, SPINDLES, KNUCKLES, SEALS, HUBS, ROTORS, PATCH BOLTS, CALIPERS, BRAKE PADS, AND ABS SENSORS.

CONSEQUENCE:

THIS COULD RESULT IN LOSS OF CONTROL, AND/OR THE POTENTIAL FOR A FIRE.

REMEDY:

DEALERS WILL INSPECT THE FRONT AND REAR BRAKE CALIPERS FOR CORROSION AND REPLACE OR REBUILD THE CALIPERS AS NECESSARY. THE RECALL BEGAN ON AUGUST 18, 2004.

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert