Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

At the top of the freezer door it is very warm. the freezer

Customer Question

at the top of the freezer door it is very warm. the freezer is cold (freezing) and the refrigerator works fine. the model number is ***** why is it really warm around the freezer door at the top?
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: Rockwood Windjammer model 3029W 2016
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: 3029W
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

I would be making sure this is vented properly and it is installed properly. The heat will rise on the back side of the fridge and the cabinet... IF the fridge is not installed right then you can have leakage between the frame and cabinet. I would advise since this is new to have the dealer take a look and have it documented. IF they say it is normal it is important that it is documented in case you have more problems and go out of warranty. Click HERE and this will show you how it should be installed. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Was just checking in to see if my answer helped??? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert