RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 96_9 7 f53 thor windsport ,the headlight switch

Customer Question
does not engage in the...
I have a 96_9 7 f53 thor windsport ,the headlight switch does not engage in the right spot.When I pull back a little I get running lights and Speedo.all the way back only headlights.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I meant pull back a little past the detent for running lights.
9/30/2016
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Do you own a volt meter?

Can I get the vin#?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
33fcmf53gxvja25399
Bwd switch# *****
But I used the same plunger

Can you double check that chassis vin#, it is not returning any results.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3fcmf53gxvja25399

Thanks, ***** ***** a 97 F53 chassis.

I need you to remove the headlight switch.

1. black/orange confirm its battery power all the time.
  2. tan/white power all the time
  3. yellow/black power with the key on
  4. light green/yellow power all the time
  5. red/yellow powered only when the headlights are on
  6. brown only powered with the headlights or parking lights on
  7. white/light blue powered only with the headlights or parking lights on.

Let me know what results you get different?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Wires are different color
Blk red on all time
Tan white
Brn
Blue red
Solid black
2 blue black

Is there a red/yellow wire?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Y rd 10 4

Do you get these results YE/RD only powered with the headlights on?

BR and LB/RED only powered with the parking lights or headlights on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Red yellow lights on power
Bill red power all the time
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Blk yellow power all the time

When you have it in the parking/running light position, which lights are not working?

When you have it in the headlight position, which lights are not working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can manipulate all functions a little past deletes but no Speedo function.

When not manipulating, setting the switch where things should work. What lights are not working correct?

Are you saying the speedometer is inoperative or the speedometer back lighting is not working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
In the detents nothing comes on
Just past running pos,I get running lights dash,mileage,no Speedo dial on90mph.
Before headlight regent ,all lights work,at stop end only headlights on.

If the lights are not working when the switch is in the correct position then this is going to be a failure of the headlight switch causing these lighting issues.

Fuse 5 powers the tan/white wire to the headlamp switch. I did not get a confirmation on that wire at the headlamp switch powered up.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic