RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 2006 Southwind 36B And when drivingthe ft end hits

Customer Question
so hard that you thing...
I have a 2006 Southwind 36B And when drivingthe ft end hits so hard that you thing tne whole ft is coming off. Does this on small and large bumps.It rattles the dash real hard. What do you think it is ?
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: The nise is coming from the ft, I just got the RV and took a 3500 mile trip, It just seem as there are no springs at all, very hard hit.
JA: Are you fixing your 3500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I was a auto mech fo 55 years and are doing my own work. I have put new shocks and just orded Sumo over load springs.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the wright ans
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
9/29/2016
RV Mechanic: TIM MOHR, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, RV Mechanic

Hi, my name i Tim, if the front end is bottoming out on even small bumps, then your springs are weak, and will need to be replaced, the overload springs will help, but replacing the original springs would be a better option, can you do this?

Then i would first start with a new set of springs, overloads can be added later, if yo still need more firmer front end bounce, shocks will not do anything for it bottoming out, they just control dampen the bounce,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

Is there a reason you wont rate me???

TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR
TIM MOHR, RV Mechanic