gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

NEED TO REPLACE MY BASTMENT AIR CONDITIONERS OR HAVE IT

Customer Question

NEED TO REPLACE MY BASTMENT AIR CONDITIONERS OR HAVE IT REPARIED IT IS COLEMAN MODLR 6537 671 SERIAL NUM###-##-####
JA: Have you checked the Freon level?
Customer: THEY SAID YOU COULD NOT PUT FREON IN IT
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2005 WINNEBAGO VECTRA 2005 40KD
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO INEED SOMEONE IN THE STSTED OF TEXAS TO FIX ON ONE WANTS TO WORK ON IT I AN WILLING TO REPLACE IT WITH A NEW ONE BUT BEEN TOLD THAT UNIT IS NOT MADE NO MORE
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That is correct........no more basement models are being made. What is wrong with yours? Does the fan come on? Compressor come on? Please describe what happens when you turn it on and perhaps this one can be repaired. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 compressor is not working the others one is not working good enough to keep it cool
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the fan dose come on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still their
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

That may be just a control board issue and might be repairable. Any good mobile RV techs that work in your area? Most RV parks can recommend a few.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no one i trust one came to my home look like a drunk
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I don't think that would be an issue if they know who does good work, but this isn't something you can repair yourself in most cases. Even installing a new rooftop unit isn't a one person job.