Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a 2003 colorado 5th wheel with a bedroom slide

Customer Question

i have a 2003 colorado 5th wheel with a bedroom slide problem the slide motor is good but the gear box has failed . gear box connected to drive motor was one the dutchman mfg made and is welded closed it can not be repaired what gear box will mate to the von weise motor that allow the slide to function out and in?
Category: RV
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. What is the complete model and serial number information from th eID tag so I can be sure to look up the correct replacement parts?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2003 COLORADO MODEL 33RL 5TH WHEEL (MFR. DUTCHMAN) SERIAL #47CFR0R2X3P606260 SLIDE MOTOR IS MADE BY VON WEISE MODEL #VO5726AV88 12 VOLT DC 1/6 HP 16.3 AMP IND. DUTY 26.7 RATIO 192 OUTPUT RPM SERIAL #G1802

Click on this link and see PDF page 16. Let me know if it looks like any of those 3 listed for repair kits?

Manual

Click on this link.

Manufacturer Part link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NONE OF THE THREE LOOK LIKE MY SET-UP SLIDE OUT IS NOT A CABLE SYSTEM IT IS A SAWTOOTH RACK AND PINION SYSTEM

thanks for the update. Let me opt out on this one in case one of the other guys on here might have some more information on this for you. Dont replay back or it will lock the question back to me.... Hang tight and this will post back on the board for the other RV techs on the site to see.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

You have to order the complete motor and gearbox together. They are not sold separately. You might be able to save some money by checking on E-bay or a used parts place like Colaw or Arizona RV Salvage. The one problem with used ones is that you don't know the shape of the parts. This should be a Power Gear or Lippert system. I can do some checking on that for you.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to contact them about a good replacement? If you need more input from me here on this please let me know. Thanks!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
THANKS BUT I AM GOOD AT THIS POINT.
Expert:  Randall replied 12 months ago.

Great! Thanks for getting back to me and letting me know you had a successful outcome. Be safe!