Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Can you tell me any tricks to opening the baseline molding

Customer Question

can you tell me any tricks to opening the baseline molding and not destroy it so I can re-use it.
JA: What's the make/model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2016 forest river cardinal
JA: What is the model of your '16 RV?
Customer: 3825fl
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes I would just like to know how to remove the baseline molding without tearing it up so I can re-use it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

Are you talking about the molding on the outside of the RV, I think you are calling it something else, sometimes you will have a strip that runs over the storage compartment doors is this where the molding is???

Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm replacing some damaged J-Wrap from a blow out the molding runs along the top of the J-Wrap to cover the seam
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

OK

Normally that would be a hard plastic or plastic material and then they will seal the top edge with silicone or sealant, that would have to be cut with a razor blade, then I would put some heat to it and slowly pull on the molding and it should start to come off, I find heat is the best way for that to come off, a heat gun or even a hair dryer would work. IF you still are having trouble please send me some photos of the area....... hope this helps some... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

IF you want to give it a try and get back to me please feel free, I am around daily and respond when I can. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
this molding is metal it appears to be made to open from the top and is held by screws...the problem I'm having is gettitng it open so I can get to the screws.
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

OK

can you send me a photo of that area or a few, you should be able to use the paper clip icon to add photos.... Robert

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Did you get the photos
Expert:  Robert replied 10 months ago.

NO... I did not, you should be able to click the paper click icon and then respond like you have... Robert