Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

I have a Georgetown forest river 365 with an LCI Electronic

Customer Question

I have a Georgetown forest river 365 with an LCI Electronic Leveling System and the retract button is not working either on the auto or manual mode. I have the engine on, the generator on. I already press all 4 arrows to reset, but it is still not working. What else can I do?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

I have been out all day and just got home...........and I see nobody has gotten to your question yet. Do you still need some assistance or did you get this resolved?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have not gotten an answer yet. Can you please answer my question without paying $26 for a telephone call. Can you just send me the answer by E-mail.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Are there any lights flashing on the touchpad? This is usually easier to do with a small digital multimeter like you can find at most hardware stores. About $20 or so and easy to use. I can tell you that most of these problems are battery or cable issues. IF the batteries are viable and fully charged, I would disconnect the cable into the touchpad and let it sit for about 5 minutes and then plug it back in again and try to reset the system after you turn it off and then back on again.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We did a disconnect of the battery system. Then Turned on RV then Generator then 120 volt plugged in.
Same result
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

If you don't know if the batteries are in good condition, then you are just guessing. Failing batteries and dirty cables are the main cause of all leveling system problems. We always start with testing and examining those in my shop on ANY electrical issue. It can be a bad connection on the touchpad or at the control module as well, hence the reason for disconnecting them and re-connecting them again.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The RV is a 2016, since we used all sources of power; car, alternator and/or electric power, I don't thiink is a cable or power issue. The panel has a light that will flash for low battery and it is not flashing. We reconnected all the cables with no results.
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

It might be just a defective touchpad. Those can fail at any time. Being that new it should be under warranty still. Let me check in the morning and see if I can find any testing specs for that pad and if so, I will get back to you.