Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

Front widow awming on jayco discovery has a good half inch

Customer Question

front widow awming on jayco discovery has a good half inch play when closed down allowing it to flap wile travelling
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Do you have the make and model number off the roller so I know which one you have? It sounds like the spring tension has broken or come loose inside. There is the motor on one side and the spring that helps hold it in and wind it up on the other side. If you can get back to me with the above information I can give you more on this. All follow ups are included in our fee.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Randall , my question is about a 2011 Jayco caravan front window awning . It fails to close tight enough to the body of the van and allows it to flap a little while travelling. Sorry but i thought you were familiar with these vans. Cancel if you are not able to help
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

Not if this is something out of the U.S..........we have window awnings on the sides of the coach.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks Randal, no we are in outback oz
Expert:  Randall replied 1 year ago.

I am pretty sure these are all built the same way, but I will opt out of this and allow another tech to offer something if they can. Thanks for bringing your question to Just Answer.