RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold Refrigerator works beautifully, except sometimes it…

Norcold Refrigerator works beautifully...

Norcold Refrigerator works beautifully, except sometimes it won't turn on. All lights on control panel dead but there is battery power to the rest of the coach, and even when plugged into shore power, (AC), sometimes it won't turn on. Then all of a sudden, days later, it will, although nothing seems to have been done to rectify it. Any thoughts?

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

Battery was tested with voltmeter and seems to be fine. Had a technician do it, not myself. he said it was ok.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

1998 Winnebago, Class C, Ford chassis.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your RV?

1998 Winnebago

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Am not fixing it myself yet but thought I'd see if it was something simple. We just bought this thing in July of this year. Where is the reset button and the fuse for this device?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope, It's a beautiful coach, in great shape, and previous owner says he never had that problem before. When I first bought it I ran the refrigerator/freezer for 24 hours, thought I shut everything off and put it in the barn for five weeks. All battery power to coach and engine was dead after five weeks. Recharged batteries and found out the "Auto" light on refrigerator control panel was lit, meaning it was working on battery power. This unit has a Backup Operating System, battery powered refrigerator. Can that device running on batteries drain all batteries?

Answered in 1 minute by:
9/7/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 6 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

What is the model number of the Norcold, should be a sticker inside the door...

Thanks, Robert

I don't see model number on a sticker but manual says 9163It just turned on. Yesterday it wouldn't turn on at all.

OK... That would be it.....

So a few questions for you, when this is happening are you plugged into shorepower? OR are you running it unplugged running it on LP??

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Not plugged in to shore powe
Phone call session started

Click HERE for the service manual... Robert