RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I purchased a 2008 revolution 42N with Power Gear auto

Customer Question
leveling ((###) ###-####touchpad and(###) ###-####control...
I purchased a 2008 revolution 42N with Power Gear auto leveling ((###) ###-####touchpad and(###) ###-####control box) got it home and put down the auto leveling and now they won't retract. I tried everything I could thinbk of then found the manual override procedure and did get the pressure off the hydrolic cylinders but they still wont come up. ( I held in the release valve and used a electric drill to spin the pump clockwise as stated int the Power Gear operating manual. When I turn on the system the rear light blinks and the right is solid.
Do I need to reset
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
9/5/2016
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi my name is Robert....

Going to give you a service manual so you can check some things out. IF the jacks are not retracting it could be a number of items, Click HERE and see page JACK(S) WILL NOT RETRACT OR WILL NOT RETRACT FULLY it goes onto a second page, you will have to refer to the wiring diagrams on the pages above when you do your checks. Hope this helps out... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I found this earlier. I'd did not help. I found the blue wire with an inline fuse and it was fine. The control panel lights up. It will go into auto and manual control. As I stated earlier, I have gone through the manual override steps and even using a drill on the 7/16 nut with the release on the front switch pushers at at their control center they did not come up
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How long once you press the rubber cap on the leg valve should it take to raise the leg with a drill turning clockwise as stated on manual

OK

It will take a good amount of time to raise the jack, could take a few mins. I am looking at something right now could be a shunt valve issue but trying to find that in the manual so you can see. Robert

OK....

SO it looks like they use a shunt valve per jack and not a single one at the manifold. I am not sure if you tried this yet but have you tried to start the RV and release the parking brake? These should have drive away protection and when you take the parking brake off they should auto retract. Beyond that hard for me to say if you followed each troubleshooting step. IF you like I can put your question back up for other experts???

Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've started it and released the parking brake ( I kept my foot on the break if that matters) and they have not retracted. When you start it an alarm sounds for 10 seconds then quits. Nothing other than than seems to happen. I have tried jumping across the solenoid and I even tried starting it and putting it in gear too. I very frustrated as I cannot get any vehicles our of my drive now. Since these are hydraulic and the pressure is off should I not be able to punch them up?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As for the method in the Power Gear owners manual, negative. It did release the pressure and drop the coach however, I have probably spend at least 10 minutes with a drill and the button pressed in just trying to raise the front jacks. (You referred to a few minutes earlier, can you be more specific?)

IF you have to you can loosen the fittings at the jacks, have something to catch the fluid and then you should be able to jack them up, as you jack them up the fluid will push out where the hose is disconnected.... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How will I get under them to jack them up since they are on the ground ?

You would have to pry on them to get them started, they may come up on there own as well when the pressure is taken off the jack, no reason they should not come up if the pressure is released to them. Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Since I released it at the valve and the coach dropped to its suspension will I still have to loosen the line at the bottom of hydraulic cylinder
Seems that would cause a complete drain of he system as it is lower than the reservoir and valve

That should work as well, either at the jack or manifold, as the jack retracts fluid will come out of the disconnected hoses, the fluid gets pushed back to the tank... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I originally asked about resetting the control pad to do them electronically is that possible?

There is no reset on that pad, what you might want to try is disconnect the pad and control box for a few mins and see if it resets. Some RV's you can reset the pad but not on the power gears. I will put your question back up for other experts, maybe another expert will have another idea... I do not know when another expert will respond they come and go daily... Robert

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay, thanks

Was just checking in to see how you made out?? I see no other experts responded. IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page, if you are NOT satisfied please let me know... Robert

Robert
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic