RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

I have a 1988 itasco motorhome. I don't know where the fuel

Customer Question
pump is located. I was...
I have a 1988 itasco motorhome. I don't know where the fuel pump is located. I was told it had a mechanical pump on the engine but I can't find it. It has a chevy 454 engine.
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: NO, I got the rv from a friend. It was running when he parked it 4 years ago. It runs as long as I put fuel in the carb.
JA: What is the model of your '88 RV?
Customer: Suncruiser
JA: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am not a mechanic. so pretty much nothing.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that is it for now.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
9/1/2016
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

if it has a mechanical fuel pump

it is mounted passenger side of engine, under alternator

but you may have a electric fuel pump , mounted in the tank

I hope this helped you

Hi. If this helped you,

please remember to rate my answer 3 or more stars.

If more info is needed, use the reply button -

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

Hi

Just a follow up with you

did my answer help you

Let me know, Please

Wayne, RV Mechanic