RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

My Penguin heat pump/A/C no longer puts out heat when I want

Customer Question
to go from 65 to...
My Penguin heat pump/A/C no longer puts out heat when I want to go from 65 to 67. Heat does come on if I raise set point to 72.
If I leave set point at 67, it just runs and never stops.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
8/29/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 1 year ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

What is the thermostat you have here? You are talking about the heat pump and not the furnace?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My RV uses a Comfort Control thermostat which operates the other 2 roof units, as well as my Aqua Hot Diesel furnace Everything else works fine. This is a Dometic A/C Heat Pump combination unit. One other thing I have noticed, when i call for heat from the heat pump, it starts up immediately. It used to wait a few minutes before starting, The A/C seems to be working ok.

Is this a 5 button Comfort Control or the older 4 button model?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oops I had the fan on high instead of. Auto. All is now working fine
Phil

That would do it! Thanks for getting back to me though........be safe!

I am adding a link to a Dometic 5 Button Comfort Control trouble shooting guide for you in case you have an issue again. Print it out so you have it..........good stuff! And thanks for bringing your question to Just Answer. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ccc5.pdf

Randall
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification