Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Experience:  18 yrs. RV experience including Cummins North West, Country Coach, Monaco Coach - vendor certified.
3862310

Warning beeping when trying to drive. Only stops is park

Customer Question

Warning beeping when trying to drive. Only stops is park break pulled yp
Category: RV
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is Robert....

To me this sounds like an issue with the parking brake sensor, when they fail the sensor thinks the parking brake is set when it is not, this makes the most sense since the noise goes away when you set the parking brake, if it was an issue with the engine then you would be getting a check engine light or another type of warning. Some other items could be tied in with the parking brake but after looking in your manual I do not see anything that stands out, looks like you do not have leveling jacks, also it does not mention an antenna, sometimes they are tied into the parking brake circuit, make sure the entry step is also in all the way. Being a 2017 I would advise to have the dealer look at this under warranty, I am all for the owner doing repairs but on a unit so new you need to be really carefully, if you start pulling items apart and the dealer sees this you could void any warranty. Hope this helps some, IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me... Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the slide sensors have gotten wet in rain and that do it?
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

That might happen, if you suspect that I would run the room out and let everything dry out if possible. IF that does not work I would contact the dealer directly to see if they have anymore input on this...

IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating, it is the only way I get credit for helping... Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

HI... Was just checking in to see if my answer helped?? IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me....

Robert

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Turned out it was the passenger seat which swivels around. It was secure but we had to redo it. The manual is useless
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

I am glad it was something simple. They keep adding more bells and whistles each year.... I understand about the manual I took a look just to be sure as well.... Thanks for letting me know... IF you are satisfied with my efforts please feel free to select a rating at the top of the page...

Robert