Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.
Did you remember to hit the battery disconnect solenoid switch again after you had the batteries replaced? Usually near the entry door on the wall or on the end of the overhead or in an overhead. Usually made by Intellitec and most say "use" and "store" or at least have a red light next to the switch. Some just say "battery" on them. When you hit this switch (rocker style) you should hear a distinct "click" on the solenoid. Try that and get back to me if we need to dig deeper into this. A small digital multimeter is very helpful here for testing. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. I can direct you in this. All follow ups are included in our fee.
Do you have a small meter or 12 VDC test light? And are your house batteries under the entry step?
You should actually have a small digital meter for testing as this gives us the actual voltage. Can you attach a photo to your post of the actual battery cable hookup? I might be able to spot a problem there. Easy to get this wrong.
Attach it to your post using the paperclip icon..........
Nothing yet..........did you use the paperclip icon? Are these 6 VDC or 12 VDC batteries?
Did you hook them up in parallel? And then the positive feed(s) off one of the positives and the negative feed(s) to the other battery on the negative terminal? See the attached photo diagram. One of the most common mistakes is getting one of the positive cables hooked up to the negative side. It won't hurt anything, but it gives you no power.
That last link showed this better..........
If you have a meter you can take a DC volts reading at the terminals where the cables go into the coach and see what the voltage is. It should read about 12.8 VDC.
Without a meter we aren't going to get far...........no way to tell what is happening.
Bookmark this and you can come right back to this posting sequence. Try to come up with a meter first. I will be around all day.
At the batteries? IF so, then go to the disconnect solenoid and check both sides. Are you plugged into shore power or not?
Can you give me the part number of the old thermostat and ceiling control? I am getting that you are trying to hook up a new Single Zone thermostat here?
Ignore that last post!
Then there must be a cable issue.......you should have about the same DC voltage reading as you have at the batteries. One of those red positive cables goes to the disconnect solenoid.
No..........and if I had a photo of this and the batteries I might be able to spot something.
O.K...........are there any shortstop breakers on the rear of that copper plate? I am attaching a photo of one to this post. https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OIP.M60cddf5db924d363dd03f6ba05cd33d0o0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0
Do you have a battery control center anywhere near those disconnect solenoids?
Somewhere there, you are going to find some of those shortstop breakers. Try to follow where some of those lead off the batteries go. And can you let me see the rest of those cables on the batteries?
There has to be something between the batteries and the disconnect solenoid.
I think it is time to call in a good mobile tech. He (or she) should be able to track this down in a few minutes. Hard to do in this format. I will go ahead and opt out of the question in case anothere tech here has some information and new input.
You are welcome...........and what did you mean when you said they "were under the sink" as I have never seen any there. Has someone added batteries to this?
Is there a tray you pull out with the batteries in it? IF so, any shortstop breaker back in that cavity attached to the frame or subframe?
O.K.........but, you can crawl under there and look for where those wires go and see if they have one or more mounted back there. Fairly common practice.
Almost positive........happens all the time. And someone has been messing with this as that isn't a factory installation.
Yes, it is very likely that...........did it ever quit raining?
I knew it had to be something like that........good job! When you said you checked all the fuses in your question, I didn't want to ask you to re-check them. Be safe.......