Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

My friend disconnected my batteries while I got new ones and

Customer Question

My friend disconnected my batteries while I got new ones and forgot how to hook them back up
JA: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?
Customer: All three are new
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: South wind 1990
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Doing it myself. Nmyself about the cabin batteries
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The main battery start and run the engine and charges. The cabin batteries have three large cables which a red. There is a jumper cable for the nag. Posts another black cable for a ground I think . Not sure if it hooks to the main bat or to the frame
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

So you need to hook up the house batteries? Are you using 6 VDC batteries or 12 VDC batteries here?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
12vdc
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

There should be a cable between the positives of the two house batteries and one between the negatives. Then a negative cable to the chassis from those. The red positive should go up to the Battery Control center and hook up to the disconnect solenoid. Take a photo of the inside of that and attach a photo to your post. I can direct you further from that. You should be able to contract Fleetwood Customer Service at(###) ###-####and give them your FIN number and get a complete set of wiring diagrams for this. That would help here. I will watch for your post........all follow ups are included in our fee.

Expert:  Randall replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back in to see if you were able to resolve this issue or do you still need some additional input from me here?