Michael Reush
Michael Reush, RV Technician
Experience:  Serving the rv industry since 1977
10974363

My norcold rv fridge is not working at all i get an n on my

Customer Question

my norcold rv fridge is not working at all i get an n on my on/off mode norcold 600
Category: RV
Expert:  Michael Reush replied 1 year ago.

Hi the n code is a 'no cooling' code, this can be a false code, and be reset, first of all was the refrigerator getting cold in the freezer and box last time it was used?

go outside and open the access door, look towards the burner assembley, do you see any yellowish discharge? If all is well I will give you the reset proceedure, there are two different ones, depending on the control board (they used 2 different ones) I need you to remove the cover from the control board on the rear of the refrigerator. Does the board have a 16 pin (large) plug at the bottom with wires or is there a 6 pin on the top towards the left, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was working then completly stopped working on the turn on/off the code read n so i have no ac power or lp there is no yellowish fluid . i dont know where to look on the outside panel

Thanks, open the exterior vent door behind the refrigerator, you will see a plastic box where all of the wires go, this is the control module, I need you to remove the cover off of it so we can identify the board, and also to do the reset, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what panel are you talking about ? are we talking the side vent of the fridge

there must be an access panel to get to the back lower portion of the refrigerator, for servicing, it is on the outside

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have taken the vent off I count 5 wires and the ac plug make 6 is this helpfull?

thank you , I need you to take the cover off of the control module, the plugs are on the pc board, thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cover is off, 6 wires present.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cover is off, 6 wires presesnt

thanks, ***** ***** the reset procedure clickhere

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On second look, I count 9 wires.I have a photo but can't seem to add it to this message.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Or maybe I did add it.

thanks again, good photo, thats the 16 pin, here is the reset

Hi I have not heard from you for a bit wondering how your making out. Michael