RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I am having trouble with my n/c n412.3 it gets cold on gas…

I am having trouble...

I am having trouble with my n/c n412.3 it gets cold on gas mode but the control board is bussing and clicking and my dig. read out shows n

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

We hust bought the camper the noise is coming from the curcit board in the back og t==f the ref

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your RV?

2008 lance slide on

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am I was told it may be a voltags thing with dc I took the battery out and hooked it direct to the dc wires ti the unit with the same prob. I then took the battery out of our other camper and hooked it the same still the same noise and the N showing on the unit brow boarb i then just held the three buttons in for a few sec. and the gas started working

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

But still clicking the ref got cold in gas mode

8/20/2016
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 6 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

So is the "N" still showing or not? And the AC relay is still clicking? I am attaching a link to the Norcold Service Manual which is used for this model. See the error code messages and let me know for certain which one you have. And a small digital multimeter would be very helpful here for some testing. About $20 or so at most hardware stores and easy to use. That would allow us to narrow down the problem, which may be a bad control board. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/n5051.pdf

Usually, the "N" code is for "No Cooling" and won't allow the fridge to come on at all. Be sure you are seeing the correct code.

it was just on a line at the gas mode but still clicking and hummingthe ref cools but not sure it is regulated

It maybe on back up mode. Is the clicking coming from the black relay on the control board?

what do i do in this casesorry not sure havn't gotten to the panel yet

We can test the heating element to see if it is good or not. You need a small digital multimeter to check that. About $20 or so and easy to use. You get to the board by removing the outside inspection panel on the rear of the fridge.

but it sounds like a relay i have a fluke meter i will be looking at that in the morning

O.K..........get back to me if you need help with the testing. That is shown in the manual. See that section on checking the ohms on the heating elements. The AC and DC elements are different.

just havnt pulled the cover off the board as of yet
i have worked on the

No a problem.......get back to me when you do.

the ref in my fifth wheel i know a little about the ref. but in stumped with this one so if the elements are no good the willmake this noise

It can be...........a burned out element will do that.

ill keep you in the loop thx

10-4 and you are welcome!

Hi Randall I have tested the ac heat element by using extension cord it tested ok the ref.got cold when i was starting out today the read out on the front of the ref was showing what it should in working order but the ac side didn't work the buzzing.is still there. i'm assuming it is the circuit board. the buzzing is coming from one of the black relays.

If the element tested out good then it is the board and I would go with an aftermarket board made by Dinosaur Electronics. I am attaching a link to that site for you. Shop around as the price varies. http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Nor_boards.htm

Check your board number. It should have 6 digits and start with a 6 as well. The make replacement boards for most of these except the newer models.

I am getting the board from the dealer i bought the camper from i will keep up to date thanks for your help

You are most welcome! Let me know if you need more "down the road" as they say.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
hi Randal I have received my circuit board when i was taking photos of the old board in place i am missing the one where the heating element hooked to i have ac ht low , ac ht lo 2 then i have ac ht hi and ac ht hi 2 im not sure what two the wires go to could you please advise me

One on each post. Whose board did you get?

sa
from norcold not sure on your last message on the hi or the lo now with that said when i took the wires off to test i got buzzed
OK so i didn't pull the power im not sure but i think one was on the lo 2 and the other was on hi 2 and i touched the one in the middle. the dealer said he tried putting a board in before i got there im not sure if he put them in the right spot the board # is 628661the board has a s
SA in a circle

I am not at the shop right now and don't have one here at the house. Can you attach a photo of the one you have for me to your post?

did you get my pic . of the board i have

No..........did you attach it with the paperclip icon?

Try it again.........something must have gone wrong.

sending it again

Nothing yet.........

it's because of my smart phone

O.K.......let me see if I can find one.

See the attached photo........https://www.amazon.com/Norcold-628661-Refrigerator-Power-Circuit/dp/B0031XMOBQ

You can choose either pair. This board is used on a number of models and some have two heating elements. That is the reasons for having two sets. Hope that clarifies this for you.

thanks i will keep you in the loop thanks for your help i just dont want to short the board out
I will send you some pics. of the side wall repair when i figure out the phone

10-4

well Randall, so far so good put the board in it had h in the reed out, I pushed the 3 control buttons and it went to a temp # i left it went back and it's cool. thank you! you have been very helpful. who said you can't teach an old dog new tricksRay

Right about that, Ray! Be sure and leave me a 4 figure tip! Be safe.......