RV

Have RV Questions? Ask an RV Mechanic Online.

RV

Replaced the and was able to get the generator running for

Customer Question
Replaced the carburetor and was...
Replaced the carburetor and was able to get the generator running for about 45 minutes but it has shut itself down again.
JA: What is the model/year of your RV?
Customer: 2001 ford sunseeker
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes hoping to fix ourselves. We have replaced the carburetor which helped with getting it started, but it will not stay running
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: think it might be dumping gas into the oil
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's about all the info I have
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: RV
8/18/2016
RV Mechanic: Wayne, RV Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Wayne, RV Mechanic

Hi I'm Wayne

I will help you with this

what was the reason for the carb replace ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
is was laquered up and the fuel pump solenoid was not opening.

Thank you for that

1 more question, you think there is gas in the oil ?

is the oil thin, does it smell like gas

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
after replacing the carb I found a bad wire going to the fuel pump solenoid. So I jumpered it so it would open. It ran the first time for 10 minutes. I let it cool off and then it ran again for 45 minutes and it shut off. It acts like its dumping gas into the oil
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If you could provide me with some additional info before trying a live phone call that would be great

HI

when you are saying fuel pump solenoid ,

do you mean fuel shut off solenoid ??

Can yo smell gas in the oil ??

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
fuel shut off solenoid located on bottom of carburetor. yes I smell gas in the oil. The oil is over full now.

Than you for that

Carb is new, did it come with the new fuel shut off solenoid

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the carb is new, I bought it complete including fuel shut off solenoid

HI

the only thing that will cause that is the needle valve not seating

not shutting the gas off

either you have a faulty carb or the wrong one

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the correct carb Got from Onan and would it cause to over fuel if I have the solenoid jumped

Hi

OH yes ,you can not have it jumped

that is why it is over fueling

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok that's is just trouble shooter to see if have bad wire so I'll fix wire change oil and hope for the best

HI

Yes that is a good idea,

Hi. If this helped you,

please remember to rate my answer 3 or more stars.

If more info is needed, use the reply button -

NOT THE POOR/BAD SERVICE

HI

Just a follow up with you

did my answer help you ??

let me know, Please

Hi

Wayne, RV Mechanic