gene
gene, RV Mechanic
Experience:  28 yrs exp in the industry
19317657

My generator will only start when I have the vehicle

Customer Question

my generator will only start when I have the vehicle ignition on. My owners manual clearly says this should not be the case. I recently replaced both of my storage batteries could something in that area be affecting this. Also when the generator is running nothing in the 110 system works ?
Category: RV
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

It may be hooked up wrong and be sure that the breakers on the generator aren't tripped. If you don't have an automatic transfer switch you may have to plug the shore cord into a J-box outlet. See if that is the case.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Breaker on the gen is fine putting out 113+ volts. I tested the load side. I replaced the storage batteries last week. I thought I was careful in re-assembly , ( took pictures.before to reference). inside the battery storage box are two fuses 6 amp and 30 amp could they be the culprit ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
are you still there ??
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
is that it ? are we done ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
seriously ? I just paid $29 for this ?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
WTF ! this is a crappy website, sorry I wasted my time and money.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
100% customer satisfaction my ass !
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
where else do I go to complain about this idiotic service ?/?????
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

Sorry you are so impatient! We work on more than one question at a time here and sometimes it requires some extra time for an answer. Just submit a refund request and it will be gladly granted. You can wait a few weeks to get into a shop and pay someone a few hundred to diagnose this for you. Then $29 may seem like a real bargin! Have a nice day........

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You have a nice day too. if you are handling several questions at once you are not giving service to the most recent customer. I have submitted for a refund, thanks for nothing
Expert:  Randall replied 11 months ago.

You are more than welcome!